The Official Rules of the 2017 Peoples Bank Calendar Contest
The 2017 Peoples Bank Calendar Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old.
The Photo Contest is sponsored by The Peoples Bank, 209 South Jefferson Avenue, Eatonton, GA 31024 (“Sponsor”). This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
The Photo Contest begins at 12:00am EST on September 16, 2016 and ends at 11:59pm EST on October 5, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo Contest.
What to Enter
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files of a minimum of 2M at the time of entry. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted in electronic format – .JPEG, .jpg, or .png form.
Submissions should include your dog’s name, your name, address and phone number.
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). The following submissions are ineligible:
- Images of captive animals.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.The Peoples Bank shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.All images must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including required information about your photo submission.Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as the highest resolution version of their photo) anytime on or after October 5, 2016. Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition and artistic merit. Judging will be conducted by a panel of The Peoples Bank employees and a group of guest judges to be selected by The Peoples Bank at its sole discretion (the “Panel”). The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick the following winners in the following categories:
- You may enter an unlimited number of times, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
- How to Enter
- Overall (Calendar Cover)
- 12 winners – 1 for each month of the year: You’ve nailed it. Your images rise above the rest and encapsulate your dog in a stunning way.
All potential winners will be revealed online within 14 days of October 5, 2016.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
The Peoples Bank will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
Potential Winner Requirements
Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, including proof of age, and liability/publicity release within 14 days. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to return these documents on time, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant The Peoples Bank a royalty-free, nonexclusive right during the Photo Contest to:
- Display the photograph on the The Peoples Bank website (https://tpbeatonton.com).
- Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram.If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as a winner, you grant The Peoples Bank a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in The Peoples Bank’s internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, advertising, multimedia, and presentations.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for The Peoples Bank-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, and state of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the The Peoples Bank’s photo library and accessible to The Peoples Bank staff via the The Peoples Bank’s internal archive. General ConditionsRelease and Limitations of LiabilityPrivacy and PublicityDisputesQuestions
- Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Photo Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Georgia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.
- By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Photo Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Photo Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Photo Contest; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Photo Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Photo Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- The Peoples Bank will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.