Certificate of Deposits (CD)
– Minimum deposit is $1000.
– May vary for advertised specials.
– Please see current Deposit Rate Sheet for additional information.
– Interest compounded quarterly.
– Certificates are offered for time periods of 3 months to 5 years.
– Please check with client services for current rates.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s)
– Various types of IRAs are available. With the new Pension Protection Act of 2006, now may be the time to look at your retirement strategy. IRAs – Traditional, SEP, and Roth – have never looked better. – Saving for college? We offer the Coverdell Educational IRA.
– Available with all checking accounts. There is no charge to have a debit card and no charge to use a debit card at either The Peoples Bank’s ATMs or for purchases at participating merchants. However, if you use your debit card at an ATM at another bank’s machine, there is still the $1.00 withdrawal fee and the $.50 fee for an inquiry and applicable surcharges are assessed.
– Available free to all customers of The Peoples Bank. This system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
– All you have to do is dial 706-485-1143. After the welcome message, you will be asked to enter your initial secret PIN (personal identification number). On your first use of the system, your PIN will be the last 4 digits of your social security number.
– Once you are into the system, follow the prompts and create your own unique 4-digit PIN. Now you are ready to check your available balance, find what checks have cleared, transfer money from one account to another, make loan payments, etc.
– Transactions entered before 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday will be processed that day. Any transactions after 5:00 p.m. will be processed the next business day.
– Available at all locations. Drive-in opens at 8:30 each morning Monday – Friday and at our Downtown and Oconee locations on Saturday from 8:30 – 12:00. Bank by Mail is also an option for customers. There are special envelopes available.
– All federal payments, civil service, and payroll is available. There is no charge for direct deposit. Contact a customer service representative for details.
- Night Depository
- Money Orders and Cashiers Checks
- Stop Payment Orders
- Notary service
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Wire transfer Services
Available at all locations. Supplies for night deposits are located at the receptacle or at any teller window.
Available at all locations. There is a fee for this service and is detailed in our Fee Schedule Sheet available from any customer service representative.
Can be placed on any check or draft that you have written. Contact a customer service representative for details
This service is available at no charge. Each location has at least one notary and we would be happy to help you with this service.
Safe deposit boxes are available at each location. The boxes are rented by the year and the rent cost is dependent on the size of the box
Available for any customer that may need to wire money to different financial institutions. The bank will also accept wires from other institutions. There is a fee for this service and is detailed in our Fee Schedule Sheet available from any customer service representative.
*APY = Annual percentage yield. For our current APY contact any of our banking locations. *Overdraft fee may be imposed. The fee applies to overdrafts created by check, in-person withdrawals, ATM withdrawals or other electronic means, as applicable.